It was a typical Monday evening. Got off work at 330pm, rode the bus home, picked the girls up from daycare, then got on the floor and played with them a bit. But then that’s when it took a turn for the worst…totally not kidding!!! The girls and I had been having a great time, when all of a sudden Sydney throws up. Okay, so here I am by myself with 2 one year olds. Sydney is crying, Kendall is trying to see what just happened. First things first, get Kendall out of the way. The best way to do that is to put in a video. Then I proceed to clean up Sydney, decide to give her some crackers and plain bread. She eats it no problem, but then 15 minutes later, it doesn’t stay down. As the night proceeds forward, we get Kendall down around 7pm so we can take care of Sydney.
It’s now 8pm, we hear Kendall coughing and making weird noises. Chad rushes in and she is now throwing up. It was everywhere, poor kid I had to give her a bath right away and Chad had to scrub the crib. By this time Sydney is doing better, so we lay her in the crib to take care of Kendall.
It’s now 930pm, Chad goes rushing into the bathroom. I’m thinking, not him too! But yup, him too. I’m almost in tears; here I am with my entire family sick. It’s getting late, so I decide to have Kendall sleep with us, that way I will wake up if she gets sick. Which happened all night long.
It’s now 11pm, guess who goes rushing into the bathroom now…you guess it ME!!! Seriously, this is really getting old. It’s a chain reaction that can stop now, I really mean it.
A good Monday evening, turns out to be a terrible Monday night. By early Tuesday morning, we were pretty much done getting sick…but still not feeling great. We were all home Tuesday, just taking it easy and trying to mend. Oh and sleep, didn’t get much of that Monday night, between caring for Kendall, checking in on Sydney and dealing with my own illness.
It’s one thing to be sick or to have a child who is sick or to have 1 parent and a child who is sick…but when both parents are sick with 2 sick kids, it’s no fun!
Let’s hope we NEVER repeat this!
No comments:
Post a Comment