The week that started off not so well, seemed to get better, then worse again. On Firday, Chad had just dropped the girls off at daycare, when his phone rang on his way in to work. It was daycare, her son had just woke up and was sick with the flu, we needed to pick up the girls. I’m starting to feel bad, first we spread pink eye and now we spread the flu…we are “that” family. So Chad turns around to get the girls. Luckily for us Grandma Shelley offers to watch the girls that afternoon so Chad can go in.
Later that day when I got home we decided to head to TGI Fridays for dinner…to thank my mom for watching the girls. As we are waiting to be seated, Sydney throws up. But we are not sure if she was sick or if she had stuck her fingers down her throat. She has been doing this lately and when she got sick, her fingers were in her mouth. Who knows…but we decide to leave. Mark this as, first episode of girl(s) getting sick in public. I’m sure it won’t be the last!
Later that night, at about mid-night Sydney is crying out a lot so I just decide to bring her to bed with us. I notice she is burning up and decide to take her temp…104.9. Chad strips her down to her under shirt while I call the nurse line. Of course I’m on hold forever, so I tell Chad to take her temp again since we removed some clothing. It’s now at 104.4. Finally a voice, they will put a page in for the nurse in my area to call me….WHAT I have to wait even longer. 45 minutes later, the nurse calls. She says, we usually tell parents to bring their kids in when the temp is 105 or higher…okay we were at 104.9. She tells me to give her Motrin, as the Tylenol we’ve been giving doesn’t seem to be working and to call in the morning to bring her in. We, of course, do not have Motrin at home. So, it’s 230am, Chad heads to Cub…which was good as the Motrin brings her temp down to 102.8. It pretty much stayed at 102.8 all weekend, until Sunday afternoon when it finally dropped to 99. We did end up bringing her in on Saturday morning where they really couldn’t decide what was wrong with her. Our instructions as we left: bring her in if she still has a temp on Tuesday.
We are all back to daycare and work today. Sydney is doing MUCH better. She was actually doing pretty well yesterday afternoon. A little tired, but totally understandable.
Okay so this all happened in January…pink eye (twice), flu, and now the high temp. Now that it is February, can we please be done?!?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment