On the way home from church, I mentioned to Chad that Ash Wednesday is in a couple weeks. Which then lead to a conversation about Lent. Both girls immediately asked what Lent was. So after some conversation of what it was and what it means to sacrifice, I asked the girls:
Mommy: So what do you girls think you want to sacrifice this year during Lent?
After a few moments...
Kendall: I think we should sacrifice McDonalds.
Mommy: Wow Kendall that is really good. That is something you really like and something that would be a sacrifice (total proud moment for me as I realized she got it).
Then a few moments later...
Sydney: No...let's not pick McDonalds. How bout Mommy and Daddy do McDonald's and Kendall and I do something else.
Well...I guess we can tell that they both get it. And we can tell which one in life will be willing to give up more than the other one. But all in all, it was a rewarding moment as a parent to know they were understanding the meaning of lent.
No comments:
Post a Comment