Is This A Sign???

For a while now the girls have been telling us when their diaper needs changed. This past weekend I saw a huge step in acknowledging it even more from both girls.

I noticed it first with Kendall. She came over to me and was saying “wipes.” I was a bit confused and asked her to show me what she wanted. So she grabbed my hand and pulled me into her bedroom. And then started opening her dressing drawer where we keep the diapers and wipes. I then asked her “do you need your diaper changed?” She looked me in the eye and said “yup, I go poopy.” I was pretty impressed as this is the first time she actually asked to be changed so firmly.

Sydney’s acknowledgment happened on Sunday. Sydney was in her room playing and I could hear her over the monitor in the kitchen. I knew she was in there by herself and I had to go see what she was doing…she’d been having a conversation in there all by herself. So I quietly walked over to her room and stood outside the door. She had her back to me, so I just stood there and watched.

She was having a conversation with one of her dolls. Most of the conversation was hard to understand, but what I did understand was:

Sydney:
“Oh no, did baby go poopy.” This was followed by her lifting the baby and sniffing her butt. Hmmm I wonder where she learned that one…hee hee.

I was laughing so hard I had to walk away. I found Chad in the kitchen and was telling him the story when Sydney came up to us all excited. She was pointing towards the hallway and kept saying “look” with a HUGE smile on her face. So we asked her to show us. She led us to the bathroom where the baby was now sitting on the potty chair. She then looked up at us and said “baby go poopy” with another HUGE smile on her face. Chad and I made sure to make a BIG deal of it and told Sydney what a great job she did by putting the baby on the potty.

These are good steps in the right direction. We do plan to master the potty this year…but will hold off until summer.

No comments: