First Girl's Weekend

Daddy was on a “guy’s weekend” in Michigan…attending a NASCAR event. So it was just us girls. At first I had no idea what we would do, but then got an email from Tracy Lee asking if me and the girls would like to head up to her parents seasonal for the weekend, and have ourselves a “girls weekend.” What a great idea…Tracy, her daughter Madison, me and the girls…this would be fun.

We had a wonderful weekend. Couldn’t have asked for better weather!!! Tracy’s parents have just recently bought a new trailer on a new spot. Because of this, they still have their old trailer (which was just recently purchased, but would not be used until next year), and we were able to make ourselves comfortable in the old trailer. This worked out great for the 5 of us.

We spent the days on the lake (Fish Trap Lake in Cushing, MN). Taking the pontoon over to an island and beaching it so we could swim and just take it easy. I had brought a couple floats for the girls to use in the lake. So I’d strip them down, naked, and set them in the floats. Kendall fell in love with it. She’s lay back and just float around. It was super cute. Sydney wanted nothing to do with it. She’d cry every time I’d set her in the float. Sydney was fine with sitting in Madison’s little camping chair in the water. I think because only her legs hit the water…and every so often I’d splash some water. We did have a little mishap however on the chair. Yup, Syd decided to relieve herself and left a little surprise for us. It was too funny. Tracy cleaned it off, but then little miss Madison had to make sure it was clean herself. So she took her chair and washed it off herself…too funny!!!

At night we hung out at Tracy’s parent’s camper. They have a really nice deck and patio. The girls loved the fire so much, they slept!

We had a wonderful weekend, but it also reminded me that I’m glad I’m not a single mom. 2 babies that are very much dependent on you, is hard. I think I’d rather have a toddler and a baby…at least the toddler can do something on their own. But we handled it well and with a little help from Tracy and her parents, we did just fine. Plus the girls are pretty easy going…so that helps too!!!

Thanks Lee’s and Tigue’s for a FUN weekend!!! We’ll make sure to pay a visit next summer…if you’ll have us. But I warn you, I might have to bring Chad :-)

No comments: