Good news in the Dobbelaere household….we are all potty trained! YES, YES, YES!!! I was honestly starting to believe it would NEVER happen. I knew it would, but there was that doubt.
It happened just a few weeks ago. One Saturday afternoon, out of the blue, Kendall said she had to go potty. And from that point on, she has been a pro. A few accidents, but not many…actually less accidents than Sydney ever had. I was a bit worried as she decided to take up this habit of using the bathroom the Saturday before Mommy and Daddy left for a trip. I thought she may revert back with us gone…but she didn’t!!!
I knew she got it when just this past Sunday she express how her baby made her heart sad. The story goes like this:
Kendall: “Mommy, Mommy come here.” (she was downstairs in the family room)
Mommy: I approach her and ask “What’s wrong Kendall?”
Kendall: with her baby lying on her table, looks up at me and says “My baby pooped her pants.” Then says while bending her head and holding her hand to her heart, “it makes my heart sad.”
Mommy: trying not laugh, this is exactly what I told her when she wouldn’t use the potty, “Oh no. I hope your baby uses the potty soon, just like you.”
Kendall: “Me too”
It was so cute how she completely imitated me and my reaction to her NOT using the potty. I can already see my Target bill drop…those pull-ups are expensive!!! I will still buy them for nap and bed time, but that won’t be much!
It happened just a few weeks ago. One Saturday afternoon, out of the blue, Kendall said she had to go potty. And from that point on, she has been a pro. A few accidents, but not many…actually less accidents than Sydney ever had. I was a bit worried as she decided to take up this habit of using the bathroom the Saturday before Mommy and Daddy left for a trip. I thought she may revert back with us gone…but she didn’t!!!
I knew she got it when just this past Sunday she express how her baby made her heart sad. The story goes like this:
Kendall: “Mommy, Mommy come here.” (she was downstairs in the family room)
Mommy: I approach her and ask “What’s wrong Kendall?”
Kendall: with her baby lying on her table, looks up at me and says “My baby pooped her pants.” Then says while bending her head and holding her hand to her heart, “it makes my heart sad.”
Mommy: trying not laugh, this is exactly what I told her when she wouldn’t use the potty, “Oh no. I hope your baby uses the potty soon, just like you.”
Kendall: “Me too”
It was so cute how she completely imitated me and my reaction to her NOT using the potty. I can already see my Target bill drop…those pull-ups are expensive!!! I will still buy them for nap and bed time, but that won’t be much!
No comments:
Post a Comment