Well, it's been a while since I've updated our site. Since the holidays, life has calmed down a bit. We seem to have things going on every weekend, but it's been pretty low key.
The girls are doing great. Testing us each day...how far can they push Mommy and Daddy today. Being 3 is hard, being 3 is REALLY hard on Mommy and Daddy. The girls are trying to find out who they are, what they can do and what is this world all about? I try to remind myself when we are having one of those kinds of days that yes it's hard on me, but it's just as hard on them. Easier said than done, most times.
Our new daycare has truly made a difference in the girls. Even though we miss Erin like crazy and the girls still ask to see her from time to time, Michelle's structured preschool is making a huge difference in the girls. Just in the short time that they have been at Michelle's, I am amazed at how much they have learned. As they say, everything happens for a reason!
Kendall is and will continue to be our stubborn child. We found this out before she even left the hospital after birth...and we are reminded each and every day. It's her way, in her time and boy can she put up a fight. Mommy usually has a little bit more control over her than Daddy...but there are days that even I can't handle it. She is still in pullups and does not care one bit. And yes before you even ask...we have tried everything under the sun. Stickers, reward charts, special underwear, privileges, you name it has been done. The girls got bikes for Christmas and before then we'd talk to Kendall...telling her that only big girls that use the potty get bikes. Her response "That's okay, I'll just use Sydney's." Yes I can see a life time of this...oh boy!
Sydney is our sneaky child. She knows how to love you up...hugs, kisses, cuddles, but when you are not looking she gets what she wants. With Kendall I know she will be stubborn, but she will tell me everything. Sydney will make sure to leave bits and pieces out...I will be depending on
Kendall to get the truth! She is our little helper too. Loves to clean, hmmm wonder where she gets that. Everything has it's place, again hmmm wonder where she gets that. Sydney is most definitely our little drama queen. Especially if she has a scratch, bruise or something hurts...the
world is collapsing around her.
Kendall our stubborn child and Sydney our emotional child. It amazes me how different they truly are. They look different, they act different, they may be twins, but they by far are their own person.
No comments:
Post a Comment