The girls were moved into twin beds right after the first of the year. They LOVED it and for the first few weeks, did great. We'd snuggle up on one of their beds and read a book, then I'd say "okay, it's time for bed." They get under the covers and all cozy for the night. That's it...it was perfect.
Well perfect didn't last for long...2 weeks.
After we tucked them in and gave kisses, Mommy and Daddy would leave the room. Not two minutes later we'd hear the door handle to the room, giggles, or banging. We'd go in to find, most times Sydney, out of her bed and in Kendalls. So we'd put them back to bed and leave again...only to be back in the room a few minutes later.
Some nights it would take two hours to get them to sleep, others only a half hour. I just kept telling myself, keep at it they will learn. We've tried many things. Our latest...Mommy and Daddy take turns every other night sitting in the room on the floor until they are asleep. So far this has been working. We usually spend 15-30 minutes in there...not talking or looking at them. I think they realize they better not get out of bed with us in there. I know eventually we won't have to do this...I just hope eventually is soon!
During all of our struggles to get them to stay in their bed, there has been some funny moments as well. Our favorite:
Usually Sydney is the one that gets out of bed and either opens the door or climbs into Kendall's bed. One night, after about an hour of getting them to go to bed, Chad and I hear their little feet moving yet once again. We both head toward the room only to stop as we hear Kendall in a very stern tone say to Sydney "Get to bed, get to bed." Chad and I stood outside their bedroom door chuckling...we could just see her saying it. She'd have her little finger pointed at Sydney's bed and she'd be looking very firmly at Sydney. Too funny...it's amazing what they pick up from you!
No comments:
Post a Comment