The girls really haven’t said a ton of words…6 to be exact:
Mommy, Dada, Puppy, Thank you, Hi and Ball
Everyone was Mommy or puppy.
In the last couple weeks I’ve noticed a change in Kendall. She has started repeating you. Just the other night I checked on a pizza in the oven and said out loud “almost done.” I then heard this tiny little voice say “almost done.” Kendall will also have full conversations with you; however what she is saying is a mystery. I usually nod my head and agree with her. The look on her face tells me that she is very serious and I must understand.
Sydney hasn’t gone past the 5 words above. Every once in a while I think I hear her repeat me, but I’m not 100% sure. She may be more like her mom and not talk until later. I think I was close to 3 before I would talk. I bet one day she will just let lose with a full sentence and I’ll be standing their with my jaw open, in complete shock. This being said, she is not afraid to say hi to anyone. We were once at a restaurant when a group of men sat down at the table next to us. Sydney looked over and said Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi…until they finally said Hi back. This is very typical of her…you better say Hi back, or you’ll keep hearing her say it! She doesn’t give up. Try to beat her on a stare down…10 bucks you’ll lose!
For a while now we have been trying to do some sign language with them. You know the basics…milk, more, finish, please, etc. They have really mastered please. When they want something I will say, “Can you say please.” And they will both sign the word for me. Kendall will not only do the word please in sign language, but she’ll also say “pease.”
I just love it when I hear a new word(s) come from them. It’s like a whole new thing has been discovered. And when they can put that word together with what it means, that is even more exciting. Now that they are repeating words that we say, I am constantly saying to others…”little ears in the room.”
No comments:
Post a Comment