It was a sunny Saturday afternoon at the camper. The girls were playing in their sandbox...eating it as well! As the sun started to go down it got cooler out and it was almost time for dinner, so we decided to bring the girls in. Since they had been in the sandbox, we took their socks and shoes off outside. I was handed Sydney first, where I took off her coat. I turned to lay her coat on the couch and as I turned around I see Sydney taking a step out of the door...as if she were to walk down the stairs. Only thing is, she doesn’t know how to walk down stairs the right way yet...she typical goes down on her belly. Next thing I see, the top of her head hit the middle step, she flips over as if she was doing a cartwheel, lands on her back on the bottom step, rolls over again and lands face down on the ground. Remember, these are not ordinary steps...but camper steps. They are at a higher slope and metal.
After trying to calm her down, we see that her forehead is bleeding and so is her nose. After taking a closer look, we don't see any huge cuts but rather just scrapes...like when you scrape your knee on the ground. 30 minutes later we finally have her calmed down. She won't let me clean the area, so I decide to give her a bath knowing I should be able to clean it. The next 4 hours were spent making sure she didn't do anything out of the ordinary...like throw up, fall asleep, etc. Within an hour of her falling, she as playing and laughing as normal. She ate a very good dinner and seemed to be doing pretty well. The rest of that night between my mom, Chad and I, she was checked on constantly.
Today she has a very bad scrape that goes from the middle of her eye brown to the top of her forehead. I don’t know why she decided to walk out the door like that. Both she and Kendall are very good about turning around, getting on their hands and knees and going down steps on their belly. Still today I cannot stop seeing her fall and I have yet to stop thanking God and her angels for protecting her. It could have been SO much worse!
During this whole ordeal, poor Kendall starts to cry as well. I'm sure she was reacting to us and knew something was wrong.



1 comment:
Except for the giant road rash on Sydney's head - those two girls are really starting to look alike! They even have the same expression on their faces!
Post a Comment