Just as you start to think things couldn’t get any worse…something else happens. On Saturday after we put the girls down for a nap, I decided to run a few errands. On my way home, our truck decided it would be fun to hit a mailbox. Yup, that’s what I said, a mailbox.
For those of you who don’t know, we got a layering of snow on Saturday. Nothing much, just enough to cover the ground. This made some of the roads a bit slick. As you come into our neighborhood, you make a little s-curve, and then head up a hill to our street. I know this s-curve can be slippery, so I slowed down, and then gave the truck a little gas as I started up the hill. As I gave it gas, the back end decided to slide out from under me. I tried to correct it, but couldn’t. And then in very slow motion, I saw the mailbox get closer and closer, until I saw it flying across the yard. I just sat there…not knowing what to do. No one was around and no one was coming out of the house.
I decided to head home, which was only a block away. After explaining to Chad what had happened, we contacted his mom (who handles our insurance) and then the police. The police showed up at our house with-in minutes, took my statement and started a case for us. We gave him our name and number to share with the people, so we can replace their mailbox.
The truck will need work…for sure. I barely felt the crash, I think I was more in shocked that it happened. All the places to crash into…there were open yards all over the place, but no I had to hit a mailbox!
Times like this remind me how lucky I am to have such a wonderful husband. He took this so well. Didn’t get mad, didn’t get upset. He’s the one that called his mom, the police, etc. He is the one getting the truck fixed and figuring out how we can replace the mailbox. And he gave me a huge hug and said, no big deal…at least you are okay. The deductible is a bit hard for both of us to swallow, but what can you do about that. No need to get upset or angry…life happens!!!
It’s been a very expensive month with Sydney’s ER visit, hospital stay and now this! Oh well, we are all healthy and happy, so all in all that is what really matters. They say things happen in 3’s…we’ll this is the third thing and hopefully the last for a LONG time!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment