First Steps

We have this toy at home that girls can ride or if adjusted; they can push and walk behind it. Occasionally I will pull it out and adjust it so the girls can attempt to walk behind it. Usually they will push it, then fall as they haven’t quite figured out how to move their feet. Or they just stand and play with the gadgets on it. Well last night Sydney decided to go for a stroll. We had her pushing and walking behind it from our living room down the hall to their bedroom. We’d then turn it around for her and she’d head back. She did about 5 or 6 laps. It wasn’t at all graceful, but it sure was exciting for Mommy and Daddy to see. She would fall occasionally, but pull herself back up and keep on going. It wasn’t necessarily a straight line either. I bet she’ll be walking on her own very soon!

After Sydney was tired from all the excitement we put Kendall up to it. She just stood there, looking at us and smiling. I’m sure in her head she was thinking…”look at me, I’m such a big girl standing here all on my own.” That’s about as much as she did. But, she seems to be a week or 2 behind Sydney on things, so I wouldn’t be surprise if we see Kendall taking a stroll down the hall in the next coming weeks.

No comments: