The girls are now 10 months old and are getting so big. The other night after we put the girls to bed, Chad and I were sitting in the living room, watching some TV. The thought of last year came to me…I was doing pretty well at this point in time in my pregnancy. But in the evenings I was tired. I remember getting home from work, changing into comfy clothes, sitting in the lazy boy with my feet up as they were starting to get swollen and napping until it was time to go to bed. I did pretty well throughout the entire pregnancy, but I was tired come evening. It’s funny to think about last year and see where we are at this year.
In the last month, the girls have changed so much…
They are both crawling every where. It’s kind of cute, if one crawls away the other may not follow right away, but eventually she will head in the direction of her sister. So most times, if you know where one is, the other is right there as well. It must be a twin thing.
They are both pulling themselves up to their feet.
They fight over things. For some reason the other sister always has the better toy, even if there are 2 of them to play with. They will crawl over to their sister and steal it right out of their hands. They’ve also been know to push the other sister out of the way, to get at something. Oh, and they will even crawl on top of one another to get at something. We laugh now when it happens, but I’m sure one day it will drive us nuts.
They both have teeth coming in, which makes giving them a variety of table food so much easier. If we go out to eat, it’s great to put them in high chairs and give them a little of what you are eating. They have great hand/mouth coordination, so feeding themselves takes a lot off mommy and daddy. The best thing, they are down to 4 bottles a day of formula…this is the best. As of the first of the year we hope to be done with formula and move them to whole milk, which can be given to them with each meal.
We have also been working on the sippy cup. They do really well with bringing it to their mouth and drinking it. But they have to suck really hard to get anything out of the cup, with that they get too much in their mouth and tend to spit some of it out.
They both have been talking a lot. Kendall has been talking the most, with her da da da. But she also makes the funniest sounds. I cannot even begin to explain how they sound, but at times you wonder if she is a dinosaur, alien or some other type of animal. She has started to mimic me a bit. The other day she dropped something and I said, uh oh. Kendall proceeded to say it then and has ever since. Sydney has not done this yet, but she is all about her da da da.
Chad and I have been trying to teach them more in sign language, which they both do. Now, do they really understand what they are doing???? I’m sure with time they will!!! Just like the word no, believe me they know what that word means!
We are having so much fun with them and cannot wait to see what other new things they discover in the next couple months!
No comments:
Post a Comment