Another Tuesday Morning...

I received a call this morning from Chad on his way in that made me laugh. First let me know explain. I leave the house before the girls are even getting up, allowing me to leave early in the afternoon to pick them up. This means Chad is on morning duty with the girls. He gets them up, dresses them and gets them to daycare. And as those who know Chad, he has a routine. He first dresses Kendall (and yes I usually pull out clothes the night before), then puts her back in the crib. Then he gets Sydney dressed and brings her down to the entryway. This morning as Chad was dressing Kendall, he heard Sydney making noises in her crib, so he turned around and found her standing and shaking the bars of the crib. And of course she was smiling! Note to us, we have to lower the crib again. We’ve done it once, but we need to lower even more!!! I hope that crib can handle a rough kid!

For those of you who don’t know, we live in a split level home. In the entryway, we have a gate set up for the stairs that lead to the basement, to prevent the girls from taking a tumble. As I mentioned above, after Chad dresses Sydney he brings her down to the entryway. He will set her on the floor (rug) and goes up to grab Kendall from her crib. This probably takes less than a minute, but a lot can happen in less than a minute. When Chad came back to the entryway, he caught Sydney shaking the gate that leads to the basement...hope it can hold her. Then as he was putting Kendall in the car, Sydney decides to try and climb up the stairs. Do we now need to get a gate for the stairs leading up as well…or maybe we just need to be quicker!

Then on the way to daycare, it starts to down pour…HARD. So here is Chad at daycare, bringing both girls in one by one. By the time he got back in the car, he was soaked. Just think, snow is on its way!!!

Not only does Sydney get into EVERYTHING, but she is definitely our risk taker. She will climb, crawl, and grab at anything. She will stand on the floor hanging on to something with one hand, and then smile at us like…wow, I’m so big!!! She will then fall, make her pout face, Chad and I play it off like it’s no big deal, and she’s back at it again. Don’t even get me started on how she has to steal everything her sister has. If Kendall is playing with something, Sydney will crawl across the floor to steal it. I now know why kids’ first word is “no”…we say it enough!

When the girls were born, we said from the beginning that Kendall will be our handful; we’ll have to keep an eye on her. Well, I guess we were wrong. Sydney will be the one that our eyes will not leave. Sydney is still the more laid back child, but she has no fear. Kendall on the other hand may be a bit needier, but she is definitely not a risk taker like her sister.

Even though they are twins, they are definitely two different children!

No comments: