Saturday June 7th was the annual Lymphomathon. Chad’s family started doing this event last year in honor of his dad, Donald Dobbelaere. Don died October 1, 1996 of Leukemia. He is remembered each and every day by his family. Most Dobbelaere events will include Don, not just knowing he is there in spirit, but by his children telling stories of “remember when dad…” I never had the opportunity to meet Don, but feel as though I know him. His children have painted a very vivid picture of him with their words. And from what I’ve been told, Chad is a walking Don Dobbelaere.
Saturday was a wonderful day. It started off cloudy and rainy, but as the walk was just about to begin, the clouds cleared and the rain disappeared. Chad and his sisters decided to run the 5K, while I and the girls walked. Well I walked and they rode (and took a nap too). Team Dobbelaere raised over $2500.00 to help support research for cancer. Our goal is to one day find a cure and prevent other families from losing special people in their lives.
To all of you who donated, your donation is greatly appreciated by the Dobbelaere family!
No comments:
Post a Comment