Kendall has been getting up in the middle of the night for a few nights now. Being a child that has slept all night long for quite some time, I found this to be odd. We’d let her cry a while, before jumping to her crib…but she didn’t stop. At first I thought it was because she was sick the week before and was just use to us getting up in the middle of the night. But we give her a bottle and she’d drink the whole thing in less than 10 minutes. This told me she was hungry.
I’ve heard from a few people that we should wait until they are closer to 6 months, to help prevent them from getting allergies. But after talking to many other moms, researching the web and talking to my pediatrician, we determined the girls are ready. They are hungry and not getting enough with just formula.
So last night we put the girls in their highchairs, bibs on and started the process again. Kendall absolutely loved it. She took it immediately and kept taking it. Sydney on the other hand make some funny faces and wasn’t too sure about it. I didn’t push it with her, but will continue to try.
Since Sydney was not all that interested, I started to give her a bath while Chad continued to feed Kendall. When I was done with Syd’s bath, I went to get Kendall…so she could take a bath as well. I came out to the kitchen and couldn’t believe what I saw. The kid was a total mess, but she was happy. Chad then informed me that not only did she eat her portion of her oatmeal, but also Sydney’s portion, then he gave her some squash. As Chad said “I think Kendall is like Mikey, she’ll eat anything.” I wish I would have taken a picture, she was smiling from ear to ear and had food every where. It was as though she was saying…”Dude…that stuff rocks.” I did tell daddy that when he feeds the girls, he needs to strip them down to their diapers. She had food on her arms, legs, hair and not to mention her clothes. Let’s just hope Shout can take it out.
1 comment:
Teehee - I buy shout in the industrial sized bottle - it comes with a hose. they have it at Sam's Club...it is a mom's second best friend. (Wine being the first!)
Did you know that in Germany, if a baby weighs more than 7 pounds, they are considered big enough to sleep through the night. The parents do not get up to feed them if they wake up - they just let the babies cry.
Post a Comment