What Happend To My Formula???

Dr. Westlund informed Chad and I that we can now try to feed the girls cereal. So, me being super excited about this, decided to give it a try. What a mess…but a good mess. For those of you who don’t know, you mix the dry cereal with water, breast milk or formula. And the first time you mix it, it should be fairly soupy. Anyhoo, I’m all pumped to try this out with the girls. I have them in their highchairs with bibs on. Chad has the video camera ready to go. I first put it to Kendall’s lips and she gives me a frown. Then it was Sydney’s turn…she just looked at me as to say “what the heck.” I think most of it ended up on the girls, than in their mouths. I’d have to say it wasn’t a success. Not to worry though, we’ll keep on trying.

My friend recommends that we don’t make it as soupy. She said both of her kids took it better when it was more like the consistency of Cream of Wheat. She also recommended mixing it with some baby foods, like carrots. It gives it some more taste. I think we’ll take a few weeks off, then try again. It is still a bit on the early side.

Here’s a pic of them girls after trying out the cereal.



No comments: