Daycare Change

Last night I received a call from our daycare provider (Amy) asking if we could come by that same evening…she had some changes that she needed to go over with us. At first I thought this is weird, Chad and I had already planned to go over to her house on Thursday night so she could see the girls and go over stuff. So we bundled up the girls and headed over. At first I didn’t think anything of it, as she was holding Kendall and you could see she was enjoying every minute of it. Then she says, well I have bad but good news. I just sat there thinking, oh no. She then proceeds on with, given my husband and my financial situation…we have decided that I need to stop daycare and get a full time job. Then in the next breath, she says, but Erin (the girl who did daycare with her) is going to open her own daycare and wants to take on the twins. At first I didn’t know what to say, I felt so bad for her as she was crying and really having a hard time telling us. We’ve met Erin when we interviewed the 2 of them, but we’ve really formed the relationship with Amy. Chad and I have grown to really like Amy, her morals, the way she raised her daughters and even her religious beliefs. We only hope that we have the same type of relationship with Erin.

The girls will start off at Amy’s house and Amy will be there for the first week of daycare. Erin will be using Amy’s house until her house has been approved to do daycare (Erin only lives 2 blocks from Amy). So the girls will get to spend some time with Amy. Erin is keeping her daycare small: her son (just over 1), Amy’s 3 daughters (1 is in school full time, 1 in school part time and the other will be at the daycare full time), 1 little boy from their daycare (close to 2) and the girls. The nice thing about Erin is she does have an Early Childhood Education degree, so I’m hoping she will be able to set a preschool curriculum for the girls. Amy also informed us that Erin’s husband works part time from the home and loves the kids as well. Matter of fact, if they could afford it, they’d open a husband and wife daycare.

I’m sure we will enjoy Erin, it’s just we’ve gotten to know Amy and have really come to like her. We knew the girls would be in safe hands and with someone who would treat them very special. I believe we will have the same feelings with Erin as she worked with Amy and Amy highly recommends her, it will just take time.

No comments: