What a Great Night!!!

I awoke this morning to Kendall crying a bit...not a full out cry, but more of a "I'm starting to wake up and starting to get hungry" cry. We typically ignore these cries as they sometimes turn out to be nothing and the girls will fall back asleep. But if they continue and get stronger, we know it's time to get up and get them some food. The crying did not stop, so I looked at the clock and noticed it was 240am. I started to slowly move out of bed, when I stopped and looked at the clock again. Yup, 240am. Then I starting counting, I did this 3 times, 945pm, 1045pm, 1145pm, 1245am, 145am, 240am...6 hours. NO WAY...DID MY LITTLE GIRLS SLEEP FOR 6 HOURS STRAIGHT?!?!?! I was totally amazed and a little refreshed as well. I got 5 hours sleep straight!

Could this be a new beginning for my girls? Are they starting to understand that they need to sleep longer at night? I guess only time will tell. We'll see what the girls do tonight and the nights to come. Hopefully we don't fall back to our old pattern of 3-4 hours at a time. I think I'd rather move forward...I think I like this longer sleep pattern!!!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

yah! At, techinically, only four weeks old, you'll be sleeping through the night by the time you go back to work! Yah for you!